Rotating Mass Media is seeking an Operations Manager to orchestrate daily operations as well as print, web and event products. The application deadline is June 24, 2016.
We’ve been at this for 26 years and still retain the DIY ethic that got us to where we are today. Don’t mistake our irreverence for ineptitude, our employees are expected to operate at a high level. Good attitudes, humor and team-work will mesh well with us.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Experience: 2 years experience as an Operations Manager, Financial Comptroller, or an equivalent position.
Start Date: ASAP for the right talent
Dirt Rag Magazine has been bringing readers independent news and reviews of mountain bike culture since 1989. Bicycle Times was launched in 2008 to satisfy readers who cycle for fun, transportation, and occasional enlightenment
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Manage and process client billing
- Projecting and controlling yearly budget
- Assist accountant with tax filings
- Manage bookkeeping in Quickbooks
- Filing and storing accounting documents
- Sanity check all billing. Reviewing complex printer bills.
- Payroll Management
- Benefit Management
- Assisting with filtering new hires/ and processing terminations
- Managing all HR paperwork and processes
- Assist ad sales team with booking and trafficking web ads
- Manage physical assets of RMM (office, van, trailer, technology, etc.)
- Manage vendor and suppliers.
- Budgeting, financial planning, accounting
- 2 years experience with Operations Manager or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed
- Extensive computer and phone use
- Located in Pittsburgh
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communicator
- Organization and Problem Solving Skills
- Passionate about bicycle/outdoors industry a must
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations Manager Applicant – First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag: Mike Cushionbury, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle Times: Adam Newman, email@example.com.