Social Media and Web Coordinator – Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times
Rotating Mass Media is currently soliciting applications for the position of Social Media and Web Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for managing and developing Rotating Mass Media’s digital properties, including the websites of Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times magazines, as well as auxiliary sites and services.
Rotating Mass Media has been publishing for more than 26 years and we still retain the DIY ethos that got us to where we are today. Don’t mistake our irreverence for ineptitude, our employees are expected to operate at a high level. Good attitudes, humor and team-work will mesh well with us.
Position: Social Media and Web Coordinator
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Experience: 2 years experience as a Social Media and/or Web Coordinator or an equivalent position.
Start Date: ASAP for the right talent
This is a full time position with benefits, including health care and a 401(k) retirement plan. RMM offers a results-based work environment with a flexible schedule.
- Preparation of direct marketing materials (weekly e-newsletters, weekly contests, etc)
- Maintain schedule of editorial posts for RMM websites
- Monitoring industry news for relevant content
- Maintain social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Work with editorial team to coordinate editorial content
- Write and edit content for RMM properties, print and digital
- Assist with print production process including proofreading
- Maintain relevant digital presence by continually evolving RMM digital offerings
- Work to improve the monetization of digital products
- Communicate and troubleshoot any website discrepancies as needed
- Reporting website and social network traffic
- Attend industry events and trade shows such as Sea Otter, Interbike and others
- Attend media events on behalf of RMM and execute content as needed
- At least two years in a media or communications position or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of web development, content management systems and social media
- Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp and Survey Monkey
- Knowledge of digital photo editing software
- SEO experience a plus but not required
- A passion for cycling and familiarity with all types of cycling
- Experience within the bike industry is a plus but not required
- Photography, audio recording and video experience a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communicator
- Organization and Problem Solving Skills
- Passionate about bicycle/outdoors industry a must
How to get this job:
- Know the ins and outs of the online cycling world
- Bring ace writing and editing skills to convince us you can publish to the web without a copy editor
- Familiarity with Rotating Mass Media’s titles and history
- Show us how you can help us improve our digital products. Bring a plan for how to improve publishing in the internet age and how to expand our readership and revenue
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to email@example.com using the subject line “Social Media and Web Coordinator Application.”
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag: Mike Cushionbury, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle Times: Adam Newman, email@example.com.