Online Editor – Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times
Rotating Mass Media is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, non job-related disability or genetic information as those terms are defined under applicable law.
Rotating Mass Media is currently soliciting applications for the position of online editor. This individual will be responsible for operating, managing, maintaining and developing RMM’s online presence, including the websites of Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times, as well as auxiliary sites and services.
The online editor will work closely with the editorial team to execute existing content strategies and develop new approaches. Familiarity with RMM’s titles and history is essential, as is an interest in diverse aspects of cycling—from cargo bikes to mountain bikes.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including health care and a 401(k) retirement plan. RMM offers a results-based work environment with a flexible schedule. Regular office hours are not a must, but regular appearances at the office are a must.
- Solicit website content from RMM staff and freelance contributors
- Write, edit and proofread content for print and online
- Manage all RMM media and event websites
- Test products and write reviews
- Grow audience by continually evolving online offerings
- Attend weekly staff meeting and editorial meetings
- Create and send weekly e-newsletters
- Track and report website traffic to staff
- Maintain schedule of posts for RMM websites
- Work with digital coordinator to maintain social media accounts
- Ensure top-notch website service to our readers
- Attend industry and media events multiple times per year
- Attend and support Dirt Fest PA and WV and other RMM-owned events
Experience and Skills
- Experience in a media or communications position
- Working knowledge of web development, content management systems and social media
- A passion for cycling
- Bike industry experience
- Photography and video skills
- Editing and proofing experience
- Proficiency in WordPress, Wix, DFP, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Effective communicator
- Organization and problem-solving skills
RMM is a small business that rallies together to get things done. Sometimes ad hoc tasks come up that are not listed on the job description, from menial tasks to planning for the future of the business. The willingness to raise a hand to help with tasks such as these is what keeps us going after almost three decades of publishing.
This job located at the RMM headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018
Please email cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com using the subject line “Online Editor Application.”
Freelance Contributors – Editorial & Photography
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag Editorial Commander: Eric McKeegan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times Websites: Helena Kotala, email@example.com
Photography and Art, Stephen Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org