Rotating Mass Media Seeks Art Director for Bicycle Times
Rotating Mass Media is currently accepting applications for the position of Bicycle Times art director.
The application deadline is October 19, 2015.
The art director works closely with the editor-in-chief to plan, develop and execute each issue. As art director, you will also oversee the conceptualization and execution of the Bicycle Times brand by creating visual design that reinforces brand identity throughout all print and digital assets. You will work in close partnership with the entire staff to develop and facilitate quality content for print and web.
The position of Art Director reports to the Publisher and General Manager of Rotating Mass Media.
This is a full time position with benefits, including health care and a 401(k) retirement plan. RMM offers a results-based work environment with a flexible schedule and unlimited vacation. Relocation will not be necessary.
- Manage production of six print and digital magazine issues per year:
- Facilitate issue planning.
- Manage visual and editorial assets.
- Manage advertising materials.
- Ensure magazine production adheres to established production schedule.
- Execute page layout.
- Facilitate and mediate cover art decisions.
- Facilitate the proofreading process and making necessary corrections.
- Execute corrections based on editor input prior to upload.
- Provide print-ready PDFs to printer.
- Provide exports to vendors for distribution on the digital newsstand.
- Ensure contributors are paid in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain working relationships with visual contributors
- Design promotional materials such as: t-shirts, advertisements, media kits, branded merchandise and other marketing materials.
- Product reviews as assigned by the tech editor.
- Press events as assigned by the tech editor and editor-in-chief.
- Attend weekly staff meeting virtually or in person.
- Attend editorial meeting virtually or in person.
- Attend media events on behalf of RMM.
- Attend industry events and trade shows such as Sea Otter, Crankworx and Interbike.
- At least two years in a graphic design or art director position, preferably with print production experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining brand identity.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Experience collaborating with and managing freelance contributors.
- A passion for cycling and familiarity with all types of cycling.
- Experience within the bike industry is a plus but not required.
- Photography and video experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Application Deadline: October 19, 2015.
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to email@example.com using the subject line “Bicycle Times Art Director Application.”
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag: Mike Cushionbury, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle Times: Adam Newman, email@example.com.