Sales Manager – Rotating Mass Media
Rotating Mass Media is seeking a Sales Manager for our magazine publication and all digital platforms. This position oversees sales for Dirt Rag magazine, DirtRagMag.com, BicycleTimesMag.com, email newsletters, events and other marketing tools. We’ve been at this for 30 years and still retain the DIY ethic that got us to where we are today. Don’t mistake our irreverence for ineptitude, our staff is expected to operate at a high level with little need for management.
Good attitudes, humor, and non-slimy sales tactics will mesh well with us. High-pressure sales-types, corporate drones, and general buzz-kills are better off looking elsewhere.
Position: Advertising Sales Manager
Location: HQ based in Pittsburgh, PA
Experience: Two or more years sales management experience preferred
Start Date: ASAP for the right talent
- Cultivate new client accounts and sales opportunities
- Maintain existing account relationships
- Work with Operations Manager to create and track yearly sales goals
- Work with departments heads to plan and execute the yearly Media Kit
- Create proposals in response to market demand and budget requirements
- Research clients to develop effective sales strategies
- Prepare and assist sales team to create proposals, RFP’s, and custom campaign quotes.
- Work with clients in person, as well as via phone, video, and email
- Attend marketing events, including trade shows and expos
- Create and maintain necessary advertising tools
- Manage small sales team
- Ensure all sales commitments are met
- Create advertising-based newsletters to account base
- Manage and update sales and advertising website and CRM software
- Manage and execute website materials advertising delivery
- Manage and execute weekly online giveaways
- Manage vendors/expo at company hosted events
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to create multi-media advertising packages
- Must have a strong grasp of current social networks and online marketing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge of the bicycle/outdoors industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization and problem-solving skills
Rotating Mass Media is a small business that rallies together to get things done. Sometimes ad hoc tasks come up that are not listed on the job description, from menial tasks to planning for the future of the business. The willingness to raise a hand to help with tasks such as these is what keeps us going after almost three decades of publishing.
This job located at the Rotating Mass Media headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 18, 2018
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Sales Manager Application.”
Freelance Contributors – Editorial & Photography
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag Editorial: Eric McKeegan, email@example.com.
Dirt Rag Website: Carolyne Whelan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bicycle Times Website: Maurice Tierney, email@example.com
Photography and Art: Stephen Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org