175: February 11
- Annual Literature Contest
- One talented reader walks away with the grand prize.
- Stuff: Affordable trail bikes roundup and a collection of 29″ wheelsets long-term tested
176: April 1
- 25th Anniversary Celebration
- A special issue that looks at how we got here and other significant events in the shaping of modern mountain biking.
- Stuff: Bikes from top brands with the founder still steering the ship.
177: May 13
- Up North
- A special look a Canada’s newest interconnected bike parks.
- Stuff: Throwdown! Head to head comparisons of 2014′s most interesting bikes
178: July 1
- The Personality Issue
- Influential inventors, designers, racers and trail advocates profiled.
- Stuff: Women’s Gear—Bikes and clothing that actually make a difference.
179: August 12
- Destination Unknown
- Top places to ride in the U.S.
- Stuff: Short travel trail bikes
180: September 30
- The Lifecycle
- History and rise (or fall) of significant genres in mountain biking.
- Stuff: Lights! Cameras! Action! Battery operated goods to light your way, and capture the action
181: November 18
- Editors Choice
- The most interesting things of 2014
Our testing themes will cover some, but not all, of the reviews in a given issue—we’ll strive to keep a wide variety of product reviews in each issue to keep our audience interested. A portion of our editorial will reflect our testing themes, but again, variety is the spice of life.