Rotating Mass Media is currently accepting applications for the position of Digital Coordinator for Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times.
The Digital Coordinator will work with both the advertising and editorial departments to keep our social media cranking along on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working solo and as part of a team. RMM is a small team, and the Digital Coordinator will need to manage time well and work with little supervision.
All RMM employees are expected to contribute editorially. Product reviews, feature stories, photography, video, we can give you a place to get noticed for your media skills.
And while it should go without saying, we aren’t going to hire someone without an obvious passion for bikes. Industry experience isn’t required, but we are looking for someone with an extensive riding background. It gets really bike-y up in here, you’ll need to fit in.
The application deadline is September 05, 2017
Work with the Associate Publisher, Web Editor and Merchandise/Circulation Manager to execute advertising campaigns, weekly e-newsletters, online promotions, contests, social media campaigns, website management and reporting.
- Maintain all social media platforms for the company including; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Understands Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and other analytics platforms
- Administers controls and maintains media assets
- Strategize effective ways to engage with followers, vendors, and partners across all platforms
- Implement Video Marketing Strategies
- Research industry trends and news to contribute to social awareness
- Develop and execute social media campaigns to increase traffic for all divisions
- Monitor the sites to address glitches and ensure standards are met
- Present strategies to improve reader experience on website
- Implement bi-weekly web posts as directed by Web Editor
- Execute all digital advertising/partnership commitments
- Maintain scheduling & distribution of all e-newsletters
- Support team members on projects as needed
- Product reviews as assigned by the Tech Editor
- Attend press events as assigned by the tech editor and editor-in-chief
- Contribute editorial content (written, photos, video)
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Attend events on behalf of Rotating Mass Media
- Attend industry events and trade shows such as Sea Otter, Crankworx and Interbike
Desired skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of the following a plus: Doubleclick for Publishers, WordPress, Mailchimp, Surveymonkey,
- Google Analytics, Google Drive
- Ability to plan and organize, get things done in a team–oriented environment
- Photography and video experience
- Desire to grow and develop additional skills
- Ability to work in a Mac-centric workplace
- Detailed knowledge of bicycles with finger on the pulse of the cycling industry
- A passion for cycling and familiarity with all types of cycling
- Experience within the bike industry is a plus but not required
- We are looking to fill this position at our Pittsburgh, PA headquarters. Relocation is preferred, but negotiable for the right candidate.
- Pittsburgh, PA: 3483 Saxonburg Blvd., 15238
Rotating Mass Media offers a friendly and flexible results-based work environment; set your own schedule. We offer great health benefits and a 401k plan.
Application Deadline: September 05, 2017.
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to email@example.com using the subject line Digital Coordinator Application.
Freelance Contributors – Editorial & Photography
If you are interested in working on a freelance basis, feel free to get in touch with the respective editor:
Dirt Rag Editor: Mike Cushionbury, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle Times: Helena Kotala, email@example.com
Websites: Helena Kotala, firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Director Dirt Rag & Bicycle Times
Stephen Haynes, email@example.com